Monday, June 27, 2016

Kaiser Delivery

On Sunday, June 26, Peggy delivered 40 baby hats to      Kaiser Walnut Creek maternity ward.  Of the 40 hats, 12 were designated for the Fourth of July. As Peggy was arriving at the Kaiser parking lot, she noticed a couple with a brand-new baby and ask them if the baby had just been born. The proud parents said that the little girl was born yesterday. I told them that our group knits  hats for the maternity ward and I was on my way to make a donation.  I asked them if they would like to select a hat for their new baby. They were both thrilled that we would do such a nice thing for the new babies. They selected a cute light pink baby hat with fun fur around the rim and we're very grateful for the donation. I asked the father if he was a San Francisco Giants fan and he said absolutely. So I let him also select a Giant's  themed hat which he did and again was very thankful for it.
   Once I finally reached the maternity ward, the nurses were so happy and grateful to receive the hats and said they'd save the 4th of July hats until next Monday. A very fun time for me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment